I am here today because one day, towards the end of 8th period, I heard my principal call the names of a lot of senior Mexicans over the intercom. When I didn't hear my name called I thought "well some things going on" and I went to the commons where the students that were called where supposed to meet. All of the kids that were called showed up and they made a crowd in front of the office. I stood at the back of the crowed while the principal told the other students about a camp for migrants and right away I knew I wanted to go to this camp. When he finished he said there would be a meeting Friday if anyone was interested and when everyone was leaving I made eye contact with the principal. Right after that he told me to go to the meeting too. From that moment on everything went by faster, from filling out the application, to actually being chosen to go. My parents had nothing against me going because everything was paid for.That is the reason I am here.
I hope to learn how to be a better leader and as much about college and about college life. I am really looking forward to this whole week.
My motto is "Honor &Strength".
No comments:
Post a Comment