My experience at the challenge course was very intense. When I first got there I wasn't worried I was actually exited, I guess it was because I had no idea that we were going to do anything with the tall logs, but of course, I should of known better because they named it the "Challenge Course" for a reason. When we were doing the group activities (see picture 1) I had so much fun! One of the activities was letting yourself fall and trust your partner to catch you, I had serious trust issues, it took me a long time to be able to lean back even a bit.
When it was time to stop the group activities they later took us to were the harnesses, and helmets were (see picture 2). At that point I knew what was going on. I started getting a little bit nervous but I was determined to at least try. we all got ready and the brave people started to climb up and go through the course first. I was exited but worried. At one point, after few people had passed through the course, I decided to go. I chose Priscilla as my partner because I had started talking to her the day before and I liked her, so she seemed like a good person to share this moment with. When I started climbing the higher I got the more scared I got.
At about half way up I started freezing up but I got to the top and when I did that's when all of the anxiety came crashing towards (see picture 3). I completely froze up, I held on to the log and I just couldn't let go. After like 2 minutes people started cheering me on and I got the courage to let go of my hugging log and take baby steps.
when I got to the middle Priscilla freaked out but strangely I remembered how they had told me to go around my partner when we got to the middle, so I was not as terrified as she was (see picture 4). We made it and my second most terrifying moment was when I had to get down, I had to lean away and let myself fall. I was so scared! I didn't know how I was going to be able to trust the people that were holding me up, but when they tightened my rope it gave me confidence and I let go. I got down crying but so proud of myself. I had never even gotten on any fair ride because of the height of some of the rides. This was one of the best days of my life.
No comments:
Post a Comment